From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Aug 2004 16:14:45 -0400
Hi.

I wish I could find one.  The problem is that the metal lips on the battery
tend to spread over time, and the batteries become loose and start making
intermittent contact.  I think that this rail format was kind of a
troublesome design as I have not had trouble of this type with batteries
for my other radios that were made by other manufacturers.  What I have
tried  to do is use a edge of a wooden table or other non-conductive
surface to press the lip back in slightly.  It is the only thing I have
come up with.  I don't want to use any kind of tool that could put a dimple
in the track because that will make the situation much worse.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 01:03 PM 8/7/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi, all.
>
>I think this issue may have come up before, but I can't seem to find the
>discussion of it in my records.
>
>Does anyone have a good solution for tightening a loose-fitting alkaline
>battery pack on the Radio Shack HTX202?  One of my battery packs has become
>quite loose on the radio, and as a result, doesn't make good electrical
>contact with the HT.  I don't want to mess too much with the battery pack
>tracks on either the radio or the alkaline pack itself until I can get some
>advice from someone who already has experienced this problem.  I guess I'm
>asking for a relatively "fool proof" way  to tighten things back up.
>
>Thanks, and best 73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]
Work e-mail:  [log in to unmask]