From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 2004 16:14:12 -0500
Hi, all.

I currently use a Kenwood TMV7A as my main mobile 2-meter and 440 rig.  I
have been asked to be the "fox" in a local fox hunt we are having in our
local area next week-end.

I don't know if it is the way the TMV7A has been programmed or what, but one
of the VFO'S works only on 2 meters, while the other one works only on 440.
It has been so long since I've done any programming for the
TMV7A that I can't remember whether this is the way the radio has been
designed, or whether it was the way it was programmed.  I don't want to mess
with it until i know what I am doing.

For the fox hunt, I need to have one VFO on our local 2-meter repeater
frequency, and the other VFO on a designated local 2-meter simplex
frequency.  I also will need to be able to monitor both frequencies
simultaneously.

Is there any way I can make both VFO's work on 2 meters, like you can do
with the THF6A?

I don't want to loose any of my memories, so i need to be extra careful
here.

Thanks for taking this question, and I appologize if I'm missing something
obvious here;  I have just finished grading a stack of 32 term papers, and
my brain is rather fried.  HI!  HI!

Best 73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ, Big Rapids, MI