From:
Gary Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Oct 2001 15:21:57 -0500
Hi John, below is my original post about the RF Applications p-2000cw
audible power/ swr meter and I'm still taking orders.

Hello everybody, many of you know what the RF Applications p-2000 cw meter
is but if you don't I will list the particulars below. I have been in
contact with the company and they have enough parts for a few more units. I
am taking orders for the meter. If you have ever thought that you wanted one
of these meters this is the time to speak up, as it may be the last chance
to buy one of these meters. The company is willing to fill an order in the
future but will require a fairly large order before commiting to making a
run of these meters. I would encourage you to let every blind ham you know
about this now to get some assurance that they will be able to get one of
these meters. I will say this, if the blind community doesn't show more
interest than we have in the past the company may not even be willing to
offer this meter at all in the future. Those of you that have bought one of
these know how valuable they are to a blind HF operator. If you have any
questions that I don't answer here I am also listing my contact information
below, so get the word out and let me know if you want one of these meters.
There are only a limited number that they can build with the parts they have
in stock and those are the only ones I can garantee for delivery. However,
as I said, if I get enough orders I will be able to place another order. I
expect that the selling price will be $240 unless the cost comes down and of
course that savings will be passed along to the customers. Now, here are
most of the particulars about the meter and if you have any other questions
my contact information is also below. Thank you and 73, Gary.

RF Applications P-2000 CW Specifications

1 Frequency range - 1.8 to 30 Mhz
2 remote coupler
3 power  measuring up to 2000 watts
4SWR measuring
5 Power and SWR readings are given in CW that is adjustable from 5 to 45
words per minute
6 Front panel volume control and CW speed control7 Audible tuning aid for
antenna tuning
8 Audible power peaking mode for tube rigs or amplifiers
9 User settable SWR alarm to let you know if something is wrong or goes
wrong while operating
10 Operates on 12 to 16 volts DC at about 300 milli-amps

Here is my contact information for order or questions. Thank you and 73.
Gary

Gary Jackson
phone: 409-962-0353