From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2007 20:39:03 -0400
Hi.

I remember it too.  I had an IBM SXT with a CGA monitor and my biggest
frustration with that machine (clocked at the breakneck speed of 4.77 MHz)
was that I could type faster than that pokey old box could empty the
keyboard buffer!  I'm glad those days are gone.  I would be rattling along
and all the sudden I would hear beep beep beep beep and I would stop and
wait for the machine to catch up and then look to see where it left off and
continue typing.  I was so happy when I got a machine clocked at 10 MHz
that was fast enough to keep up with me!

73, de Lou K2LKK

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]