From:
Shaun Oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Oct 2008 14:05:17 +1100
ah.
thanks. maybe I'm just making more work for myself.
ah well.
interesting the IC-718 doesn't have fm capabilities. I suspect that was
by design. no matter, I don't want to play on the 10 meter repeaters
just yet.
I still enjoy the challenge of working that hard to get dx station.
weird isn't it?
with the advent of the internet, IRLP, echoLink and whatnot, you'd think
we'd all migrate there and not bother with unpredictable atmospheric
conditions, but,,, where's the fun in that?
incidentally,
just out of interest,
if I were to do one full turn of the VFO on the IC-718, how far down/up
the band would that revolution take me?
I ask this because the old Yaesu FT-757-GX-2 would move a full 10 kc
with one revolution of the dial. and yes I like the direct frequency
entry idea and the UT-102 but, there's times I just want to move around
and not have to worry about should I or shouldn't I push that button
just to find out where I am.
weird I know, but, there it is.

Shaun,
vk2fese,
web sites:
http://www.myspace.com/blindmanshaunoliver
http://blindman.homelinux.org/~blindman/
skype: brailledude

On 19/10/2008 1:55 PM, the old scribe known as Roy Nickelson was able to
impart this pearl of wisdom: