From:
Jim Gammon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 May 2013 09:34:17 -0700
Hi, I have successfully used an early version of RT Systems
software to program my Yaesu Vx5r HT.  It's the only way I can
program that rig.  A friend bought a VX7 a few years back and I
installed his RT Systems software and found it Totally unusable
with both Jaws and WindowEyes.  I just replied to RT Systems
yesterday after receiving an ad from them about their new
software that can program many of the new HT's complaining about
it's inaccessibility or incompatibility with screen readers.
They wrote back and claim that it works with NVDA.  I have no
experience with that screen reader.  When I pointed out to both
GW Micro and RT systems a few years ago that the ham software did
not work, each company looked at it and from what I remember,
blamed each other for the issues which meant that nothing
productive happened  to fix the issue.  Having said that, I still
use and love my old RT Systems software which is why when I had
the chance, I bought another used VX5r.  That's my 2.5 cents.
Jim WA6EKS