From:
"Alan R. Downing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 2013 10:51:29 -0700
I know quite a few guys with the 590.  I haven't heard any negative comments
about it, but you must remember that it is closer to the bottom end of the
price range than the top.  The Icom 7600 for example, is a better radio than
the 590, but it costs about twice as much too.  I would guess that the 590
would be considered to be a bit above an entry level radio.  The manager of
the Phoenix HRO is a good friend of mine.  He tells me that for the price,
the 590 is a good buy.  BTW, the Phoenix HRO is about 1.5 miles from my
house.  Believe me, that is a very dangerous thing, Hi.

73

Alan R. Downing
Phoenix, AZ