From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2009 08:28:05 -0600
Yes you may have installed connect outloud, and would have to search and
remove that as well.
If you can use system restore, and pick a point before window-eyes was
installed, you might get openbook uninstalled.  It takes a bit to get to
technical support, but when you do, my experience is that the support is
good.  My guess and I emphacize the word "guess", is that the connect out
loud is installed, and has inserted a video chain file, to intersept text.
Window-eyes has installed it's own later, and therefore the uninstallation
of openbook is unable to proceed.  The scanner should still work with it's
mainstream installed software, or allow you to scan a documentment from
Microsoft word.  It would be comforting to know if the scanner still works.