From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2008 11:55:14 -0500
I use HF to talk to people out of the repeater range, in fact I use HF a lot
more than I talk local. The only time I ever use echolink is when there's
skywarn activity in the area since the best way to get reports I pick up, to
the national weather service is that way. Other than that I never use that,
I'm sure everyone knows my thoughts on that so I won't go through that again
but if I hear 1 more person actually brag about making a contact on
echolink, he'd better not be where I can find him because I'd be flat out
embarrassed to do that like some of the people around here do. I'm sure you
could probably have some fun if you found a repeater with echolink or irlp
where you'll be, and in your area so you can keep in touch with the people
back home. Sometimes, the fun is in meeting the new people you meet while
you're away too.