From:
Kevin Minor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2010 18:55:31 -0400
Hi Lloyd and list.

I usually don't quote from a message, but I'm going to use the text that
Lloyd sent to set up a question.

The HRO-300 was solid-state, but built before much was known about reducing
the effects of non-linearity of bipolar transistors.  It was built somewhere
around 1967, and got a bad reputation for intermodulation distortion,
cross-mod, etc.  National Radio Company wasn't around for much longer than
that.

Now for my question, which has nothing to do with ham radio.  Please don't
throw those old electronics parts at me.

Since this radio had bipolar transistors in it that caused trouble, could
you say it had bipolar disorder?

I couldn't resist.  That was too easy to think of for my warped mind, and
don't think I'm belittling folks who suffer from this disease.  I have it,
and it's quite interesting, to say the least.

Hope this put a smile on your face.

73
Kevin Minor, Lexington, KY