From:
Ken Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Nov 2013 16:17:36 -0600
I'm not really sure what you can tell the average customer service person
or even the average local service person that will make any difference.
But the bottom line is that Time Warner's mail servers, for whatever
reason, seem to be having problems, running very slowly, etc., and this is
affecting, in particular, subscriptions to mailing lists for their
customers, due to the tendency of list software to drop subscribers after
a certain number of errors are generated in a specific amount of time when
trying to deliver messages to them. It's not just this list, no, at the
very least it's presumably affecting any list hosted by
listserv.icors.org, and presumably other Listserv-based lists elsewhere
and maybe Google and Yahoo-based lists, among others. What I'm doing, for
now, when I see that people have been dropped, is just quietly
re-subscribing them, assuming they don't do it themselves before I get to
it, and I guess, for now, that's going to have to continue to be the plan.
I thought this had gotten better, a few weeks ago, but now in the past few
days it's started up again, so I just don't know.

--
Ken,