From:
David W Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 2014 22:34:18 -0000
KW3 - Wake Island?  :]

Eeee e e

73

David W Wood

-----Original Message-----
From: For blind ham radio operators [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of Steve Forst
Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2014 10:12 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: contesting

Mike,

Glad you enjoyed it.   No matter how much time, effort, or money some
people put into it, it's still just a game.

I guess in the olden days people had to tune up everything, and even run
outside to turn the antenna via the Armstrong method.  Times have sure
changed.

I think you will enjoy the WPX.  Everybody works everybody, so you are
  not limited to working DX.   Also your VO1 prefix is not very common,
and prefixes count as mults.  I checked my last few WPX SSB logs and in
over 2,000 QSO's, not a single VO1. No KW3's either, which is the main
reason I took this call.