From:
Buddy Brannan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Feb 2008 15:29:08 -0500
On Feb 23, 2008, at 3:20 PM, Howard Kaufman wrote:

> Vibroplex made bugs, never heard of a straight key or paddle from
> them.

They have made paddles. In fact, they still make paddles (both single
lever and iambic), as well as bugs. The company was bought by Mitch,
whose call is, I think, W4OA, in Alabama, sometime around 1994. As I
recall, Mitch was on the boatanchors Email reflector at the time, and
even announced the purchase there. I think they actually do make a
straight key, albeit an expensive one, now. But they definitely make
paddles.

I really want a bug again. And need a good straight key, come to that.

> Very well made pieces of machinery.  It's amazing what they created
> befor IC
> chips.

Indeed. And a well-used bug is a joy to hear, and a poorly used one is
just grim.

Buddy, KB5ELV