From:
Buddy Brannan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:05:25 -0500
Ah, those were the days.

I got licensed in 1987 and got to Extra in 1992. Even while a General,
just a few months after I got my Novice, I spent a lot of time in the
15-meter Novice band. I would run home from school, which was easy
since it was just across the street, and go work some 15-meter cw.
Lots of DX. I had one of my favorite Q's on 15-meter cw, my longest,
with Shawn, KB7CLX. I got the worst signal report I ever got on 15
meters (a 219 from JH1WIX...it doesn't get worse than that!) I will
also never forget a day in 1989 (or maybe it was 1988...I'll never
forget it, anyway) when the DX on 20-meter cw was just rolling in. I
would call cq and get dx without asking. Up and down the band, it was
wall to wall dx. If I had known then what I know now about UA1OSA
(look her up on QRZ sometime), I'd have loved to have bent her ear a
while. Oh yes, radio was magic. Still is. And let's not forget all the
great friends I made on the traffic nets, including J. P. Bill, ND5C,
now SK. I'm so glad I got to meet him once before his passing, but
he's one that will always be very special to me. Ham radio has been
such a defining part of my life, growing up through high school and
all, I can't ever see not having it in my life in some way.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: (814) 746-4502 or 888-75-BUDDY