From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Nov 2015 11:02:33 -0500
Richard,

Good luck with all this.  I had seen you also post the question to the
2000 list, and saw a reply similar to what I had suggested, only  he
suggested connecting both HF antennas to the radio and switching between
ant 1 and ant 2   from the radio front panel.

This would save the cost of the coax switch.   I think you have a 6
meter J pole connected to ant 2, and  you need to decide if there is
enough 6 meter activity  for you to keep it connected all the time,
instead of putting a second hF antenna on that port.    Maybe there is
some local 6 meter stuff going on in your area that warrants keeping it
on the ant 2 port.  It's also possible that  another HF antenna on that
port could also tune up  on 6 meters.

Nothing wrong with a RX only antenna for HF, but  except for some
special situations, it would be better to have the option of having 2
antennas that can both RX and TX.

73, have fun, Steve KW3A