From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Nov 2015 12:14:53 -0500
Richard,

I thought you fell off the edge of the earth.  If you go this route, you
need to  turn on menu 18 to make the RX antenna jack active.  It is the
RCA jack at the lower right hand corner of the  rear of the radio.

If you are going to do this, why not forget the RX only antenna and pick
up a 2 position coax switch.  You would be able to TX on whichever of
the antennas is better at a particular time.  Coax jumper from ant 1 of
the radio to the switch, and each antenna to the other side of the
switch.    Manually switch the coax switch between the 2 HF antennas.

If you have the supports and wherewithal to put up a loop, why not make
it  bigger?    Then if you upgrade,  you would be  already set up with a
loop that isn't limited to 10 meters, and you won't have to do the
project again.

73, Steve KW3A