From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jun 2015 15:13:44 -0400
Michael:

As Ron indicated, I recently went through the A T U purchase decision, and
ended up going with the MFJ 998.

Although my experience is somewhat limited at this point, I have had good
luck with this tuner.  One real advantage is its direct interface with the
Kenwood TS590.  The interface cable can be purchased along with the tuner,
and the interface works quite well.

I don't know about using the tuner with a dummy load, but I can't imagine
any reason why it wouldn't work.

As for antenna matching, our friend Steve (KW3A) has had much more
experience with the MFJ998 on this score than I have, so perhaps he can
chime in.

I also know that Dave W7OQ uses an MFJ998 along with his TS590 and ALS600,
just like I am now  doing.

I hope this helps at least a little.

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ