From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 2011 08:35:54 -0500
Mike,

I'm no guru on this stuff, but the Hustler has traps and is resonant on
multiple bands.   The 33 and 43 foot long antennas will need a tuner
for all band operation, as you found out.  The 33 ft. antenna is 1/4
wave on 40 meters and the 43 foot  is 5/8 wave on 20 meters. That is the
reason for those heights.   And of course you need a tuner that  can do
the job.  I also remember reading a few years ago  a big discussion on
whether a 1:1 or 4:1 balun was needed at the feedpoint of the 33 or 43
footer for multiband operation.   not sure what the end result was,
that's for greater minds to ponder.

I think the hustler is a highly regarded, fairly inexpensive antenna.

73, Steve KW3A