From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2008 15:14:19 -0500
Hi.

Here is my two cents on external auto tuners.  The MFJ 993 is a very nice
tuner if you can find a working one.  Unfortunately, I've found that MFJ
quality control is non existent, so it's a little like playing roulette,
but if you get a good one it does a very good job with the Kenwood radios
when you buy the Kenwood interface.  What I like about this tuner is that
it has an incredibly wide range of impedances that it will match and it
tolerates loads that most other tuners will refuse to tune.  But, I should
also tell you that I did have to deal with an out of box failure, and that
is not uncommon with MFJ products.  I didn't have any trouble returning it,
but it is a nuisance to buy a piece of equipment and then have to hassle
with exchanging it.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 07:59 PM 2/3/2008 -0600, you wrote:

>--