From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2007 22:39:05 -0400
Well, the GAP Titan comes as 80 through 10 meters, including 30, 17, and 12
meters stock, so I'm thinking you are confusing this antenna with a
different one.  The only band it doesn't have between 80 and 10 meters is
the 60 meter band.  The capacitor gives you about a 50 khz slice of the 80
meter band and you can get a capacitor for the specific slice that you
prefer.  Mine is 3.900 to 3.950 MHz.

I primarily use it for a backup on 80 meters, as I prefer wire antennas on
80 and 40 meters.  However, it does work, though not as well as the wire
antennas for my purposes.  It really shines on 30 meters and up.

73, de Lou K2LKK

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]