From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jun 2011 17:59:51 -0400
My shack is a lot smaller than it was but while i'm in a small apartment it
is what it is. For now, I have a computer desk with a table next to it, on
the table next to the desk, botom shelf is all the power supply, CD and AC
power strip and stuff, basically the stuff I never touch. Middle shelf on
that table has my TNC and 2 meter packet radio on it, LDG TW1, my artificial
ground I never hooked up. On top is my 900 MHz radio which is a motorola
MCS2000 mobile in an EF-Johnson base station consol I adapted to take that
radio, the TS-2000 and the speaker for the HF side of the TS-2000. On the
computer desk, bottom shelf is a bunch of I don't even know what middle
shelf has my external hard drive and stuff, next shelf has my laptop when
I'm in the computer room and up top is the scanner/printer/fax
machine/coppier and my braille blazer. One of these days I may use a spare
computer at the radio desk instead of the one I use for everythign else
again but there's really no room and with downstairs as loud as they are,
it's nice to be able to use the TS-2000 in cross band mode and take the
computer out to the kitchen. All my desk chargers for my various radios are
in the bedroom on the night stand but when it looked like we were going to
have a little one while we live in this apartment, it was very likely my
whole station was going to move to the bedroom. It still may but I hope to
wait until we have room before we do that again. My ahnd helds are all over
the place here, a drawer full, a few on the desk, it's crazy but that's
because I got a batch of 900 MHz ones to sell, normally it's not quite as
bad as it is now. Oh, that's right, I forgot to mention the backup radio,
the TS-930 is in my storage in t he cellar, on the workbench as is a lot of
other equipment, my old GRC9, my GMRS radio, there's a lot in boxes down
there. Someday I'll move to a bigger place again and set it all up.