From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 May 2010 10:04:32 -0400
Since you have already ordered the G5RV, I guess you are committed to going
that way. But just for the heck of it:  How tall is the tower, what is on
top of it, and what is the greatest distance from the tower to the end of
your property?   There may be options here, including slopers, or sloping
dipoles, or some other configuration of the G5RV using the tower.

It's always nice to put the dipole up just like in the book, with  proper
angle, nice straight wires and feed point at the highest point.   Many of us
do just fine with less than textbook installations: wires going off at odd
angles and taking a few bends along the way.   More than one way to skin a
cat, so think it through and consider all possibilities.

BTW Since I know you have an amp, I hope  that you have a high power
external tuner in the shack.   The G5RV needs a tuner to work all bands with
the possible exception of 20 meters, and the tuner needs to handle  all the
power your amp can put out.

73, Steve KW3A