From:
Jim Gammon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Oct 2014 19:33:49 -0700
Congrat's Mike, you don't have to wait to install the chip.  I
installed the VGS1 chip after listening to the audio manual from
Active Elements last week.  I just got a nearly new TS590 last
Monday.  Am doing same as you, reading the menu list and the
manual.  Have started entering frequencies in memories.  It's a
terrific rig! Maybe we can share ideas, mistakes, or shortcuts!
If you want contact me off list and I can describe how to install
the chip.  It's much easier than the installation on the TS480.
73, Jim WA6EKS