From:
"Howard, W A 9 Y B W" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jan 2014 21:55:50 -0600
Hi Ron,

This was interesting.

This past Fall, the restored B-17 "Aluminum Overcast" was here in
Springfield for 3 days.  I went out to the airport and took a tour in the
plane and it was quite interesting.  I stayed around long enough to watch it
take off and return two times.  We were able to stand within about 10 to 15
yards from the plane when they fired up the plane.  It was so kool!

20 minute flights were offered on this great plane, however, I couldn't
justify $450.  If I understood, this particular plane had never flown in
battle.  What a wonderful piece of history.

Sorry for the OT.

Howard #3