BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Nissen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BLIND-DEV: Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 09:47:05 +0000
Hello Bob and Henry of AIMMM,

I have been involved in a European project called SILC: System for
Independent Living Citizens.  The system is based around a wrist-worn
speaking PDA, with sensors and Bluetooth, allowing alarm signals to be
sent to a service centre.  The device can also be used as a cordless
phone.

One of the main aims of SILC is allow elderly people or others at risk
to remain at home safely, without the need for institutionalisation.

See http://www.fortec.tuwien.ac.at/silcweb/SILC

Let me know whether you'd be interested in the system for AIMMM.  A
final prototype is to be produced within the next few months of the
project.

Regards,

John
--
In message <[log in to unmask]>, Rev Clyde
Shideler <[log in to unmask]> writes

>>"ACTION ALERT!!   Segregation and Institutionalization"
>>
>>Bob Williams and Henry Claypool of Advancing
>>Independence: Modernizing Medicare and Medicaid (AIMMM
>>For a Better Tomorrow) <[log in to unmask]> write:
>>
>>Tell the President and the Governor of Alabama to End the
>>Forced Segregation of Americans with Disabilities:
>>
>>Nick Dupree will be forced against his will into a nursing
>>home by the State of Alabama after he turns 21 on February
>>23rd unless President Bush delivers on his promise to fully
>>enforce the ADA's integration mandate.

[snip]

>>Sincerely,
>>

>>Bob Williams                Henry Claypool
>>Co-Directors, AIMMM
>>
>># # #
>>
>>=====================
>>
>>JUSTICE FOR ALL -- A Service of the
>>American Association of People with Disabilities
>>www.aapd-dc.org     www.jfanow.org
>>
>>There's strength in numbers!  Be a part of a national
>>coalition of people with disabilities and join AAPD today.
>>www.aapd-dc.org

Try our WordAloud software!  Visit http://www.wordaloud.co.uk

John Nissen, Cloudworld Ltd
Tel:    +44 20 8987 8326 (or 0845 458 3944 in the UK)
Fax:    +44 20 8742 8715
Email:  [log in to unmask]
Site:   http://www.cloudworld.co.uk