AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Gelbwasser, Sherry E" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
EASI's Library Accessibility Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2011 11:05:00 -0500
Dear Colleagues,
   I wonder if doing a national study on the accessibility of Libguides (e.g. a survey of students, faculty and librarians who use this product) would be appropriate for writing a chapter of this book.

    Regards,

    Sherry Gelbwasser

Sherry E. Gelbwasser,MLS, Ed.D
Information Services Librarian
Learning Resource Center
Asnuntuck Community College
170 Elm Street
Enfield, CT 06082
860-253-3161

Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 17:54:22 -0600 (CST)
To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Call for Chapter Proposals
LibGuides: Making Dynamic Web Design and Management Simple for Non Web-designers
A LITA Guide

Editors - Aaron Dobbs, Ryan Sittler, and Doug Cook

Send proposals to Doug Cook - dr.library.guy at gmail.com<http://gmail.com>

Aaron, Ryan, and Doug have a contract with LITA and Neal-Schuman to edit a LITA
Guide on using software, such as LibGuides, to enhance library services. This
timely book will provide the new user of such software as LibGuides with tips
and techniques to get the most use out of the product.  The book will also have
interest to the seasoned creator of guides as we will be including chapters
providing a theoretical basis for the best use of the web, particularly in
conjunction with instruction and design.  We are also planning a Guides
Showcase of outstanding examples of Research Guides, which should provide
readers with numerous ideas.

We would like proposals from potential authors for the following chapters.
(more details at website)

1.      Introduction to Online Research Guides
2.      Building a Collection of Research Guides
3.      The Tenets of Good Web Design/Layout
4.      Creating Pages from a Pedagogical Perspective
5.      Administering a Web Page Development Platform
6.      LibGuides - How to Get Started Creating Guides
7.      LibGuides - Advanced strategies and techniques
8.      LibGuides - LibAnswers and Community Guides
9.      Assessment and Web Guides
10.     Other Library Guide Software
11.     Other Ideas??
12.     Research Guides Showcase - chapter or possible companion web site

PROPOSALS (more details at web site)
We would like proposals by February 15, 2011.  Final accepted chapters will be
due to us by August 1, 2011.  The publication date is currently set for Spring
2012.  Chapters must be unique to this book, if you have published an article
about LibGuides, your chapter cannot be a rehash of the same topic.  Workshops
and presentations are fine as a basis for a chapter.

Proposal details are at:
sites.google.com/site/drlibraryguy/home/recentbooks-1/libguides-call<http://sites.google.com/site/drlibraryguy/home/recentbooks-1/libguides-call>

Email any of us with questions:

-Aaron Dobbs, Systems & Electronic Resources Librarian, Shippensburg University
of PA, awdobbs at ship.edu<http://ship.edu>.

-Ryan Sittler, Instructional Technology / Information Literacy Librarian,
California University of PA, sittler at calu.edu<http://calu.edu>

-Doug Cook, Reference and Instruction Librarian, Shippensburg University of PA.
dr.library.guy at gmail.com<http://gmail.com>

--
Dr. Doug Cook
Instruction Librarian and Professor

LibGuides: Making Dynamic Web Design and Management Simple for Non Web-designers - A LITA Guide. Edited by Aaron Dobbs, Ryan Sittler, and Doug Cook (NY: Neal-Schuman, tentatively Spring 2012) WE NEED CHAPTER AUTHORS https://sites.google.com/site/drlibraryguy/home/recentbooks-1/libguides-call

Check out EASI New Synchronous Clinics:
http://easi.cc/clinic.htm
EASI Home Page http://www.rit.edu/~easi
Online courses  and Clinics http://easi.cc/workshop.htm
Check the EASI Library Web http://www.rit.edu/~easi/lib.htm

>>> Error in line 8 of AXSLIB-L.MAILTPL: unknown formatting command <<<