Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 23:18:28 +1100
Well, when the  computer boot up (cold boot), can you see the message on screen
says "Find CD-ROM" or something like that (this message is on same screen of
boot-up report harddisk)? If not, did the CD drive work before? It is possible
that one of most important IC chip is already damaged on the CD drive (usually
you can see the chip under the drive if you take off the cover). If this is the
case, you have to replace the drive (unless you can work on it to replace the
chip).

there might be compatibility problem too, I have seen this kind of problem, old
CDROMs work fine with old mobo, but not new one. You didn't say the CDROM is
original (with system) or not, so that I'm not sure about it.

Jun Qian

Sylvie De Roy wrote:

> motherboard is ASUS P55T2P4 with latest BIOS revision 207, flashed 1 month
> ago.
>
> Onboard PCI IDE Enable    :    Both
> IDE 0 Master Mode              :    Auto
> IDE 0 Slave Mode                :    Auto
>
> IDE HDD Block Mode Sectors    :    HDD MAX

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org