From:
"Jacobs, Laurie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 10:10:38 -0000
Hi Mick

I also had a problem finding the correct driver for my Zoom modem.
I emailed their tech support at [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>  and they sorted it out for me.
From the info you posted it sounds like your modem is a Z2826

To quote from the email I received from Zoom :
"The serial number of Zoom modems are between 14 and 17 characters long. If
you have an external modem the serial number appears on the underside of the
modem, just below the long bar code that goes most of the way across the
bottom of the modem. The fifth character of the serial number should be a
letter 'Z. If you have an internal modem the serial number can be found on a
white sticker on the metal bracket that would show out of the back of your
computer. If you have an external modem the serial number appears on the
underside of the modem, just below the long bar code that goes most of the
way across the bottom of the modem. If you have an ISA camera there are
actually two serial numbers I need. The first can be found on a white
sticker on the underside of the
camera, the second on the metal bracket of the ISA capture card.  For the
PPC and the USB cameras we only need the serial number off the bottom of the
camera. The fifth character of the serial number should be a letter 'Z', in
some cases however you may have a letter 'X'or 'U'.

HTH
Laurie