From:
Dharam Bhardwaj <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 20:37:50 -0700
Hello Mick,
A quick search showed the Expertcolor to be a OPTI 3D card:(there is a
lot of information on the 'net on this one) e.g.
http://www.computerliquidators.com/products/soundcards/med3931.html
another site:
http://www.driverguide.com/boards/expertcolor-multimedia/65.html
Expertcolor went out of business quite some time ago.

The Zoom modem at www.zoomtel.com shows this as a PnP but no recent
drivers. I could not find any recent drivers at www.winfiles.com either.
My search showed 100s of sites on zoom modems(strings, drivers, etc.)
Why can you not let Windows pick a driver and use that?
Good luck,
Dharam

Mick Fitzpatrick wrote:

> Hello
>
> I've searched the net for drivers for 2 devices and had no joy! The first is
> a Zoom modem, nothing on their site is compatible! The other is an
> Expercolor MED3931 ver:2.0 sound card. If you can help me find them or maybe
> send me the files I'll be very grateful. Here's more details:
>
> EXPERTCOLOR MED 3931 SOUND CARD
>
> 1. W98 picked it up as an OPTi 16 Audio!
> 2. It's red in colour (not the usual green)
>
> ZOOM MODEM
>
> 1. W98 picked it up as a K56 Flex plug & play fax modem
> 2. It also has a video socket as well as the usual line & phone
> 3. There is several labels on it and they read:
>
> Zoom Telephonics Inc    Zoom fax modem 607952
> A bar code and E53184A11614
> Another barcode and 3498-Z2826-03-00A0080 (I think that is the model
> number?)
> The chipset is Rockwell
>
> BTW I'm in the UK
>
> TIA ... Mick
>
>          The PCBUILD web site always needs good submissions.  If
>           you would like to contribute to the website, send any
>                hardware tech tips or hardware reviews to:

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html