BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Is this the list with all the ivy haters?"
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 22:19:19 -0500
Hi Derek and Leland,  Leland, these are not mine, mine are males.  Jim and
Bob.  Their dad was Arthur and mom Helen.  They live/d up the hill going
west out of S. Londonderry on a dirt road.  Maybe the girls are Derek's
relatives?  Or maybe mine are.  I well remember the boy's grandfather,
who's mother was sister to my ggrandfather.  She and her husband had gone
to Louisiana just after the Civil War and the husband, Mr. Twitchell was
killed in the Louisiana insurrection.  My Ggrandfather went by train to
Louisiana to bring his sister back.  She was in a delicate condition with
cousin Homer at the time.  My grandmother had the long knife he took with
him for protection for many years till a Dr. Twitchell came and got it.  He
wanted it for some sort of exhibition .  My grandmother always gave all
this stuff to anybody who was family and wanted it.  I get upset everytime
I think of the old firearms she gave to her BIL.  I think they were from
the Revolution or maybe before.  One had a funnel shaped thingy on the end
where the bullet is supposed to come out.  Ruth, the rambler

At 4:30 PM 01/11/2000, Trelstad, Derek wrote:
>okay, tell me about these twitchells. my wife has cousins in new hampshire /
>vermont (can't remember which) that use the last name twitchell. could we
>all be related? sharpshooter and arkie cuz, etc., etc.

Ruth (HOUGHTON) BARTON
Westminster,Vermont, USA