RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anwar J Goins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2001 20:12:30 -0400
For those of you interested in eating raw grains like oats and barley
there are breeds of it that have no hulls. They are called naked oats and
hulless barley. For the oats you can probably order online with this email
address:

They may have the barley but I don't know. The Celtic sea salt site does
have hulless barley but I'd check to see if it is really the breed. I hope
all of you know about
preparing grains when eating. Soak in acidic water or sprout whenever
possible. I haven't tasted these oats but I plan on tasting them soon. I
love oats though. Oh, is anyone here in the Philadelphia area. I have two
bags,
50 whopping pounds each, of unhulled oats and unhulled barley. I got them
hoping that I could eat them. The barley is edible, though the hulls
annoy me and the oats are fully inedible(you'd be chewing hard and
forever to break them up and even then you probably couldn't chew them up
completely. This anouncement is for those of you that have animals and
possibly finish them up on grain or give them grain intermitently. If you
could pick it up that would be beautiful, I'd give you the place to come
to. A donation of 20 dollars would be nice but 15 is cool or even
possibly nothing. It's just that I hate to waste money and get NOTHING to
compensate in the least. Oh, their organic also.

Godbless,
Anwar