From:
Jessie Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 10:32:48 -0700

I absolutely agree re calling manufacturers............and Bill's idea re
the internet comment is great.  I used something like it with Kraft and I
see in the latest response I have gotten from them.They have changed their
tune. I told them their uncooperativeness was the subject of great concern
among Celiacs and that compared to other mfrs they were notorious.  Now
when I call re something they tell me that since, for example ,  milk or
wheat are allergens for many people, if they are present in a food they
will be listed on the label.  Thats a lot better than 2 years ago when they
refused to commit to anything. I consider this a direct result of their
awareness of the internet and to people calling them.  Obviously they still
need education and we are the ones to give it to them.

Jess