From:
"C. Loon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 22:33:40 -0500

>Lamb is a prime constituent of hypoallergenic diets too (like rice)..
>presumably because it's not a 'typical' food in the American diet so
>there's less tendency for people to have an allergy to it.
>
>Donna

When a very reputable allergenist and MD tested me for allergies, I
tested positive for lamb, but negative for fish, poultry, and beef.
I found this odd, since, as you say, lamb is usually considered
'hypoallergenic'. Has anyone else experienced this, or does anyone have
a plausible explanation? Just curious.

I didn't mind learning that I was possibly allergic to lamb; I've always
found its taste to be vaguely unpleasant...musky or something.

cheyenne