From:
"C. Loon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 16:06:36 -0500
It's the caffeine content in coffee that induces a spike in your insulin
levels, thereby creating that craving for sugar/carbs. Most low-carb diet
plans (e.g. the Hellers' Carbohydrate Addicts Diet, Ezrin's Endocrine
Control Diet) limit or forbid coffee consumption for this reason. The
effect is worse if you add milk or sugar to the coffee. Coffee itself has
no carbs.

Cheyenne