From:
Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 16:43:01 -0800
C. Loon wrote:

> It's the caffeine content in coffee that induces a spike in your
>insulin levels, thereby creating that craving for sugar/carbs.

Even decaf coffee produces these results in me. Tea, even in large
amounts, does not.  Drinking  coffee unfiltered through paper or grounds
(percolated) also raises cholesterol faster and higher than any other
method known to science (see the Stefansson all meat experiments to see
how this can effect even the most Paleo of dieters). No other method even
comes close to this.

Ray Audette (also banned at Starbucks)
Author "NeanderThin"
http://www.sofdesign.com/neander