C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 May 1999 10:40:27 -0400
Good Morning,

        Oh, Denise - part of this is just getting old and a part is the
extra wear and tear your body has to deal with. I don't have CP but I am
disabled from years of serious physical abuse with damaged joints, broke
bones etc. I have found that sleeping on a heating pad or actaully I had an
electric balnket under the sheet covering the mattress - helped. Hot showers
in the morning, and shark cartledge
and glucosamine help rebuild the joints. I work with/for a gentleman with CP
and these pills have helped with his hips and pain in walking. I have been
so incapacitated some mornings my poor Amber has had to help push my carcass
out bed - I am like a turtle if I sleep on my back. I started falling apart
at 38, the added stress for trying to care for Amber was the last straw for
many of my parts that faithfully tried to do their part stuff regardless. I
have found extra weight doesn't help and that making sure I don't do things
which cause me to retain fluid - like eating salt helps and making sure I do
the anti PMS stuff helps take a little strain off the parts. I need so many
surgical corrections done - I told the doctor - that transplanting my brain
sounded cheaper! Hope we have given you a few ideas to help.

                                Brightest Blessings
                                    Trisha