RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynton Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 May 1999 05:57:49 GMT
Page numbers in brackes eg (2) refer to   "Enzyme nutrition" by Dr
Edward
Howell.

>>Lynton:
>> There might not be enzymatic (?)  *activity*, but I would expect
>> there to be Lipase (fatty enzymes) present.
>
>Jean-Louis:
>You are assuming that
> 1. sunflower seeds contain lipase,

Lynton:
 (147):
Fats in the raw state are associated with lipase, whether the fat is
animal
or vegetable. All seeds contain enzymes, and enzymes multiply during
the
germination phase

>Jean-Loius
> 2. enzymes are not removed by the extraction process.

Lynton:
 (my assumption):
Enzymes are way too small to be extracted by normal filtration.
(somewhere in the book):
Germination will not happen when enzymes have been damaged by heat.
(my suggestion):
  If heat is used then it depends on how hot it gets.  If you want to
discover a safe heat, try heating a sample of seeds to a known
temperature
(heat soak), then see how many germinate in comparison with a control
sample.

Lynton