RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynton Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 May 1999 02:38:44 GMT
>> Jean-Louis Tu:
>> But vegetable oils are very special. Their composition is:
>>
>> Water:         0%
>> Protein:       0%
>> Carbohydrate:  0%
>> Fat:         100%
>> Minerals:    tiny amounts
>> Vitamins:    essentially vitamin E.
>
>Carol:
>That's why I don't consider them foods in their refined state.
>
>> There is no water, therefore no bacterial or enzymatic activity.

Lynton:
There might not be enzymatic (?)  *activity*, but I would expect there
to be
Lipase (fatty enzymes) present.

>I believe that the levels of vegetable oils that are best for humans
>can be easily ingested in the form of whole foods.

This could be correct - for millions of years there was no way that we
could
grab hold of vegetable oil.

>Carol:
>Personally, I don't think the evidence that animal fats cause coronary
>heart disease is all that convincing.  If I had to choose right now,
>I'd say that it looks like sugar and homogenized milk are the biggest
>baddies.

Probably wheat as well.  Sugar is probably more of a problem for
diabetes
first, wheat makes it far worse.

Lynton