RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 08:38:19 -0700
Liza May wrote:
> gym-goers, girls who wear spandex, people who can only work-out
> on weekends, people who play sports, people who get sweaty, or
> athletes.

To your mind, maybe.  To mine, I was being honest and humorous.
We'll just have to agree to disagree, it seems. :)

> Sounds to me like you don't have experience with this particular
> identity. If it were "closer to home," I doubt you'd be making some
> of the same comments.

I strongly disagree.  Like I said, I exercise.  I actually sweat
sometimes!  And -- horror of horrors -- I have even been seen in
lycra! :o  I think that it's unfortunate when people tie their
identity so tightly to a group, whether it be "athletes", "gays",
"Italians", "doctors", "intellectuals", or whatever, that they feel
the need to bend their opinions to fit.  I have said things which I
thought were geeky, sure.  Does that mean that I must now maintain
some sort of bond with this geek identity, that I must be anti-jock?
Of course not.  I just calls 'em as I sees 'em.  I don't pick my
label, then act accordingly.

Carol