RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Liza May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 08:36:09 -0400
Hi Jean-Louis, Don, and all,

> Just thought I would add my $.02 here. No diet has been proved to be
> an effective cure against cancer

And here's $.02 more - factors like sleep, the 'right' kind of physical
activity, environmental carcinogens and other irritants and toxins, and
maybe most important of all - emotional factors, like for instance,
1. There is a typical 'cancer-prone personality', (the 'saint-like'
"pillar-of-the-community" type of person)
2. There are correlations between the risk of cancer and how deeply one
is interconnected as a member of a community versus living a more
'isolated' lifestyle
3. An important part of cancer therapy is entirely emotional work
(releasing of toxic emotions, laughing, dealing with pressing life
issues instead of avoiding facing them, and in general supporting the
immune system from the psychological perspective in addition to the
physical - this is the field of psychoneuroimmunology (mind/body for
short).

Love, Liza

[log in to unmask] (Liza May)