RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Liza May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 11:48:20 -0400
Jean Louis,

> I'll believe that eating raw can help cure cancer only when I see a
> rigorous proof. The problem with such claims is that there are too
> many factors involved. Almost every health guru/practitioner will
> claim that his diet is effective against cancer

Not to harp on the mind/body thing again, but the very fact that a
person who is actually trying, actively and deliberately, to change
lifestyle and diet, (meaning they have hope, and want to live, and their
immune system 'knows' this) would probably have as big an influence on
the success of their diet-therapy as the actual food itself. So the fact
that it is a RAW diet versus any other type of deliberate and hopefully
healthy diet may not even be the most important factor in remission of
the cancer.

There are too infinitely many subtle, harmonious, synergistic,
interdependent, factors when it comes to complex organisms such as
ourselves. We are wonderfully mysterious, and wonderfylly miraculous,
creations; and, either fortunately or unfortunately, it doesn't usually
work to try and isolate a single factor as THE causative factor, when it
comes to something as complicated as health or a failure of the immune
system.

Love, Liza

[log in to unmask] (Liza May)