RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 20:35:29 -0800
Bonjour sandy,

Instincto quality refers to a food still in its original state, as you would
find it in nature.
There are many ways to denature food: thermal (thru temperatures beyond the
range of  0'C to 42'C (33'F to 105'F), mecanical (grating, mixing,
juicing...) chemicals (fungicideds, additives...), genetic breeding and
raising animals with denatured or non original food (grain fed herbivorous
animals), dairy products (because they require the artificial domestication
of animals).
drying at low temp. is accepted, because this occurs commonly in nature.
  When we referred to instincto quality foods in our post, we meant
undenatured foods, in their original state. We have found that undenatured
food is less and less available in stores. Many foods are treated in ways we
(and even retailers) may not be aware of.  For example, the hot-water
dipping of avocados, or the heating and chlorine bleaching of "raw" nuts.
That's just one reason we like to get our food from as close to the source
as possible.

jean-claude and ingrid