RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 04:10:27 -0800
Dear Liza,

The "fatty foods" that Ayden likes vary all the time. He has very strong
attractions to certain foods when he needs them, and won't touch them at all
if he doesn't.

in general, he is most attracted to nuts and seeds, especially hazelnuts,
coconuts (young, old, milk and flesh), almonds, and sunflower seeds. He also
loves macadamias when we can get them. Ocassionally, he eats a small amount
of avocado. Also ocassionally, he will eat seafood (such as salmon or shrimp
or scallops) and meat (such as deer). I do nothing to prepare the meat
except cut it into small enough pieces. He also eats meat that we have dried
ourselves at low temperatures (no seasoning), Ocassionally, we prechew some
of these foods for him, if he asks (a common practice in traditional
cultures)

BTW, like all parents, we are learning as we go :)   ingrid