From:
Louise Steen-Sprang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 14:55:01 -0500

Thank you to all who responded.  I plan to start trying the recipes

tomorrow evening!  Because there was so much response, I have split the
summary into three parts.  The first part covers places to buy crusts or
mixes.  The second part covers baking tips.  The final part includes
recipes that were sent to me.  If it is to big, I may have to split that
part into two seperate emails.

Here is a summary of the places to buy crusts and suggested recipes.
There is a lot here!  But I appreciate every suggestion that was sent.
I plan on trying the Belo crust, the Hagman thick crust, and the crust
recipe on the website included in email 2 in the next week or so.  I have
been missing pizza so much!

Thanks to all who sent me suggestions.

Louise

Buying Crusts

- for those in Columbus - They have some pizza crusts at the Raisin
Rack and are willing to order anything that we need.

Belo foods was suggested by many people

- this is a company in CT but I can find them here in MA frozen.  I
would contact them and see if they'll ship them to you.  They are
wonderful! http://www.belofoods.com/

- I think ener-g foods crusts are ok, and Belo food make
incredible crusts and rolls, loaded with fat and cheese of course but
worth it when those cravings come. I know all about the craving. oh,
almost forgot, menudirect has a frozen pizza that is decent as well.

- this pizza is delicious. I dress it up myself, with all my favorites,
mushrooms, peppers, etc. and also use "prego sauce". The name of the
company is...BELO PIZZA. over here it sells for  $3.69, which is
reasonable , it is the size of a small pizza.They also make english
muffins , that are delicious, and mini rolls, cheese and garlic, that are
also delicious, I would advise you to look for them, or ask that they be
ordered for you.

- My family likes one of the more simple ones in one of Hagman's
cookbooks. I can also say that Dietary Specialties has a prepared pizza
that is excellent!

- Ener-G has a ready made pizza crust you can order or purchase at a
health food store.  I found some in a store in Indianapolis last summer.
The only problem is they require some preparation, wetting the crust
before baking, etc.  I failed to see that part of the directions the
first time I made a pizza with one, and already had ingredients on it so
I cooked it as it was. The bottom of the crust was hard, but after
peeling off the bottom layer, it was fine.  I have put the crusts in the
freezer and haven't tried them since.  Just haven't been adventurous
enough.

- Nature Hilights in the freezer department of the Health food store has
a great one.  It comes in a package of two and it is called Brown Rice
Pizza Crust.  It works perfect on the stone.  I use it for crunchy
garlicy bread too.  It's so good you can really get your imagination
going.  Everyone else loves them to GF or not so beware!

- Well, I finally ordered a ready-made crust from
Kinnikinnick Foods and she really liked it, and I'll have to admit, it stayed
soft after it was baked.  If you can't find a recipe for a homebaked crust, I
think you might like this one.  Their web address is
www.kinnikinnick.com.

- I wanted you to know that there is a company that sells home
delivered fully prepared frozen pizza(s). The company is called Dietary
Specialties: a division of Menu Direct.  They currently offer Cheese
Pizza and Vegetable Pizza and soon to have a Pepperoni and a Cheese-less
Vegetable Pizza (that is lactose free).