From:
Windy Cannon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 16:47:38 -0600

seems there have been some requests for the goldfish cracker recipe. it
is a modification of a bette hagman recipe so i don't know if i can post
it to the list. on page 188 of her second book "more from the GF
gourmet" is a recipe for Cheese Crisps if you leave out the paprika the
dough will be a nice yellow color. i ordered a mini-goldfish cookie
cutter from Wilton (1-800-794-5866 item 2303-f-208) because i could not
find one in my town.(the lady on the phone couldn't belive that's all i
wanted, the shipping was more the fish.)

there was some requests for the poptart recipe too. that idea came from
this list. make any gf pie crust recipe you like, roll out, cut how big
you want your poptarts to be(i use a pizza cutter) put your favorite
jelly or jam on them, fold over, pinch sides together to seal and bake.
in the same bette hagman book is a recipe for Mock Graham Crackers. they
are very good-i like these, my celiac son does not. this dough can be
rolled out and cut with mini animal cookie cutters for animal crackers.
makes a bunch and takes a while to cut out, so i haven't made these in
awhile because my almost 5 year old son doesn't like them.
making GF versions of gluten containing treats takes some time( and
patience- Alan likes to "help") but he's worth it. anything to make him
feel not so different.

good luck
windy
tyler, tx