RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Micaela Hoskins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Dec 1998 22:19:58 -0800
Patrick asked:

This is pretty drastic! has anyone else ever has success using unheated
honey to help diabetes?
Has anyone experienced a lessening of diabetic complications on the
raw diet?

I rarely have pure raw honey.  Aajonus suggested a butter/honey mixture that
is 2/3 fat and 1/3 honey.  The fat slows the sugar entry to the blood
stream.   I was not diabetic, but had been hypoglycemic with strong
potential in the future to develop adult diabetes without changing my diet.
The raw foods have stabilized the sugar ups and downs.  I am assuming you
got one of the recommended honey's, I have had the best feeling from the
Hawaiian White honey, Natural Rush, and a local product called Live.   All
of these are crystallized.

Non crystallized honey or honey without fat still cause a mild sugar
response for me.  I have been eating raw about 60 or 70% of the time for the
last 6 months.

Aajonous suggested I limit my fruit intake to two handfuls a day, always
with butter or avocado.  He also suggested I limit my vegetable juices to
30% beet or carrot with the remaining 70% green veggies.

Hope this helps.  Micaela