RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Patrick I. Lecky" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 10:31:52 -0500
At 04:37 AM 12/4/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Patrick I. Lecky wrote:
>
>> No Ellie, the 136 was in the early afternoon after the mail arrived.
>
>Did you recieve a sweet letter?
>>
>> I will try a honey/butter mixture one morning again after I check my
>> fasting glucose.
>
>I'm curious since you have diabetes, whether you have been advised to
>keep your sugar level in a certain safe range and what that range would
>be. My doctor insists I am not diabetic, so I can't get any advice from
>him. Have you had a glycosylated hemoglobin test?
>
>My best, Ellie
>>
>Hi Ellie:

Yes, everything I've read, says that to avoid diabetic complications,
it's best to keep blood sugar levels in the normal range, from
80-120 mg/dl. The best control is around 100.

This has been easier to do on a raw diet.

I did have a glycosylated hemoglobin test years ago when I was very
poorly controlled. After about 3 months, I think I'll have it done
again.

I just finished "The Milk Book" by William Campbell Douglass, MD and he
agrees with Aajonus on the use of raw milk as therapy. Do you know of anyone
who has used raw cow's milk to alleviate diabetes or any disease?

Best Wishes,

Patrick