From:
John Chin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 23:51:26 -0500
At 06:01 PM 2/17/1998 Bill Honea wrote:

>I bought mother board from a guy who was
>doing an upgrade, the board turned to be
>from a Gateway machine made by Micronics.
>The problem I'm having is, there was 360
>floppy drive in the A drive position at one
>time. This is what Bios says. OK! Gateway
>won't give me any information about the
>board, because I'm a third party owner.
>Micronics says they can't help me because
>Gateway did there own thing on the Bios.
>I can't remove that 360 drive from the Bios
>so I can put my 1.44 drive in.I have to use
>drive B for 1.44. I have tryed all the usual
>fixes like removing the battery, shorting
>the Bios with the jumper and leaving that
>way for days. Nothing seems to work.

Bill:

You didn't say but the mobo sounds like a 486.

You get into CMOS at the DOS prompt by pressing
<Ctrl><Alt><Esc>  (or maybe <Ctrl><Alt><S> for
older models).

Then go into the standard CMOS settings to
configure your floppy drives.

VIA PRIVATE EMAIL: Send me the specs of your
Gateway motherboard (or describe in detail) and
I'll see if the lab has the manual for your model.

Regards,

John Chin

          PCBUILD:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]