From:
Bill Honea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 18:01:10 PST
HI ALL:
I bought mother board from a guy who was
doing an upgrade, the board turned to be
from a Gateway machine made by Micronics.
The problem I'm having is, there was 360
floppy drive in the A drive position at one
time. This is what Bios says. OK! Gateway
won't give me any information about the
board, because I'm a third party owner.
Micronics says they can't help me because
Gateway did there own thing on the Bios.
I can't remove that 360 drive from the Bios
so I can put my 1.44 drive in.I have to use
drive B for 1.44. I have tryed all the usual
fixes like removing the battery, shorting
the Bios with the jumper and leaving that
way for days. Nothing seems to work. I
considered down loading a updated flash
Bios from Mircronics, But they warn agains
it. I may end up worse than I am. Any help
would set my at ease.   Thanks Bill

       Bill Honea      N7WIS

          PCBUILD:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]