From:
John Chin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 1998 10:32:26 -0500
At 04:15 AM 4/1/1998  Jerry OConnell   wrote:

>PPro 200, 64MB EDO, Adaptec 2940UW, Barracuda9 UW SCSI drive,
>S3 VirgeDX, Win95/Office97, the rest is standard stuff.
>
>Everything boots up fine, I've run a basic DOS burnin program and that gave
>no errors but it hangs/freezes intermittently in Windows 95 (requiring a hard
>reset), normally while closing an application or selecting something from the
>Start Menu. But with no pattern, it can sometimes go for 30 mins or more
>working perfectly.
>
>Please help, it's driving me crazy.
>Jerry.

Jerry:

Sounds like a heat problem. Try a bigger heat
sink and fan on your CPU. Also, use heat sink
compound.

Also, try an air intake fan in the front of the
case (if there's not one).

Finally, check the Power Supply for voltage
levels (back probe with a DMM with the
system running).

Regards,

John Chin